Have you always wanted to learn to sew. Can you never seem to find the time to attend lots of evening classes to learn sewing skills. Well why not dedicate one full day of your time mastering the basics here at our studio in Dumfries.
During this full day workshop you will learn to use a sewing machine and you'll learn to create two simple project while you pick up heaps of new skills! Leah has designed this class so you'll learn a number of skills crammed into one full day. You'll master the basics and be stitching up a storm by the end of the day! Take your pick from a selection of vintage, thrifted and new fabrics from my fabric stash to make your creations. You'll make a cushion cover with an applique monogram & lined tote bag with a patch pocket to take home at the end of class.
You will learn how to do all these things...
· How to thread a machine
· How to change a needle
· How to use the presser foot
· How to fill and load the bobbin
· How to stitch in lovely straight lines & how to get to grips with back stitching
· How to adjust stitch length
· How to stitch a simple hem
· How to use bondaweb and machine applique
· How to make a simple tote bag
· How to make a cushion cover
· How to sew a flat bottom into your bag
· How to sew a patch pocket
· How to include a lining for inside your bag
· How to topstitch
· How to follow a pattern and lay pattern pieces
· Basic pinning, cutting & ironing techniques
Material included. Fabric for both the cushion and lined bag, bag strap, thread & a feather cushion pad. Basic tools of the trade are also provided.
You will also receive a copy of a cushion cover and a tote bag pattern, so you can practice your new found skills at home.
Classes are small, maximum class number is 6 guests, to ensure you get the personal tuition you need to help with your project and you get the best out of each workshop we host.
LEVEL: Complete Beginner
MAKE & TAKE: Cushion Cover with Applique and a lined Tote Bag with Patch Pocket.
TUTOR: Leah Halliday
VENUE: Solway House, Crichton Business Park, Dumfries
DATE: TBC TIME: 10AM-5PM
PLEASE NOTE : There is a minimum number of participants required for this workshop to go ahead. Check your diary carefully and read our BOOKING TERMS
before you book a So Sew Pretty Workshop.
COMPLETE BEGINNERS SEWING DAY DUMFRIES listed in:
Sewing & Creative Workshops